Delays to the 100ml liquid limit rule change: how does it affect business travellers?
Delays to the installation of advanced security scanners at several of the UK’s biggest airports means that the rule change for 100ml liquid limit will remain at some locations, but be lifted at others. This could lead to confusion for business travellers.
Read on to find out more information about the delays affecting the 100ml limit on liquids and what it means for you and your travel planning.
Changes to 100ml limit on liquids at a glance
- Major UK airports were expected to have successfully installed advanced security scanners by 1st June 2024.
- This high-tech scanning equipment would remove the 100ml limit on liquids.
- Removing this limit would mean removing the need to decant liquids in to smaller bottles, making both packing easier and security lines quicker, alongside a safer flying experience.
- However, Heathrow, Gatwick and Manchester are expected to miss this deadline, meaning there will be different rules in place at different airports across the UK.
- Not only could it be different across airports, but specific terminals and even security lanes at these affected airports could differ.
How will this airport scanner delay affect you?
With the scanners only being delayed at certain airports, terminals and lanes, it means there could easily be confusion for travellers who end up packing incorrectly, causing further delays. Particularly:
- Travellers will have to check the specific rules at their airport and terminal to ensure they are packing liquids correctly;
- Correct information could be tricky to find or confusing if messaging is not clear; and
- There could be longer delays through security, with other travellers packing liquids over 100ml when they mistakenly believed they no longer needed to, requiring more disruption to scan, unpack and decant or throw away.
Completion is expected in 2025, though currently there is no set date.
If you want to ensure you are up to date with travel requirements that may affect your business travel, complete our short quiz below and one of our friendly Travel Experts will be in touch within 24 hours to show you how they can make your business travel seamless.
We promise to give you:
Safety that lets you rest easy with 24/7 in-house support.
Compliance that lets you ensure travel policy adherence within your organisation.
Visibility that lets you harness the power of data with our reporting and analytics tools.
Control that lets you gain full control of your travel expenses.
Savings that let you experience tangible savings through negotiated deals and competitive rates.
Find out how
Focus on your business with a quality Travel Management Company that will support you and your travellers at every step.
Complete the short quiz below to find out how.